Are you up on all your current celebrity news? Read on for some of the best current celebrity news you can use in the realm of black entertainment news.
- First things first: Oprah. Who doesn’t love Oprah? When it comes to celebrity gossip, she’s been a front-runner for a long time and rightly so. Her show aired for 25 seasons. That’s almost unheard of! It ran from 1986 til 2011 and was showing on 120 channels in its heyday, with an audience of about 10 million. The show managed to make Oprah a cool $30 million.
- You’ll never guess 2014-2015’s highest celebrity earner. If you thought it might be Oprah, or possibly Beyonce, think again. It was Floyd Mayweather. He pulled in $300 million dollars that year, making him the highest celebrity earner in America for that period.
- Speaking of Beyonce, what’s she worth these days? Beyonce is currently sitting on a net worth estimated at $450 million. This makes her just about one of the most successful female music artists in the world, and in history. When pooled with the net worth of her husband, Jay-Z, the two of them together are worth about $1 billion.
- Is there any other current celebrity news surrounding Jay-Z? Definitely.
He’s managed to produce his 11th album to sit at number one on the Billboard 200 chart. When that happened with The Blueprint 3, he beat out The King, Elvis Presley, for most number one albums by a solo artist. No small accomplishment, that.
- Speaking of black celebrity news, how’s Will Smith doing? Not bad considering he’s one of Hollywood’s most highly-paid actors. Nearly every film he plays in manages to gross over $100 million.
- What about Denzel Washington? We can’t forget Denzel and his two well-deserved Oscars. He’s also one of only a handful of black actors to win an academy award. He became the second to do so, in fact. The first was Sidney Poitier, in 1963.
- How about the world of modeling? We don’t want to neglect Tyra Banks. She’s the first African American ever to be featured on three of the most important covers. She was on GQ in February of 1996, on the cover of Sport’s Illustrated’s Swimsuit Issue in 1996, and has also been on the cover of Victoria Secret’s lingerie catalog.