When it comes to fundraising and schools, people are more than willing to donate both time and money. During the 2005-06 school year, nine out of 10 parents purchased a product to support a school fundraiser, according to a nationwide survey by AFRDS.
Fundraisers continue to play an important role. According to a 2007 survey from the National Elementary School Principals Association found that 76 percent of schools hold up to five fundraisers a year.
When it comes to raising money for schools, custom clothing is always a good option. This is especially true of T-shirts, which are colorful, creative and promotes togetherness. Here are 10 reasons a school T shirt fundraiser could benefit your school:
- Nearly $1.4 billion worth of field trips, athletic team uniforms, computer labs, playground equipment and other youth products programs and services are made possible each year through product fundraising programs.
That means when it comes to buying items for fundraisers, people are inclined to buy whatever you’re selling. The same goes for a school T shirt fundraiser; if shirts are being sold, people will buy them.
- Principals overwhelmingly believe it is important that they personally build school spirit at their school (89) percent and that higher levels of school spirit are tied to higher student achievement.
What better way to show school spirit than with a school T shirt fundraiser? Custom school shirts promote a sense of togetherness and let others know that students, parents and teachers take pride in their school.
- Among those individuals involved in activity programs, 51 percent said the reason they were involved is so they can be involved in their school and 34 percent said getting involved is a way to show their school spirit.
If students are involved in various student organizations, shirts for school clubs are another way to promote togetherness. When football players wear their jerseys before games on Friday nights, people notice. When members of the National Honor Society or Drama Club where matching T-shirts, other students will notice.
- There are about two billion T-shirts sold world wide each year.
The numbers don’t lie, people love T-shirts. That makes a school T shirt fundraiser the perfect way to raise money for a school. If T-shirts are made available in a variety of colors, it’s the perfect way for everyone involved in a school to have their own piece of school pride clothing.
- About 62 percent of Americans claim to own more than 10 T-shirts in their wardrobe. That amounts to roughly 1.5 billion shirts.
Again, people love T-shirts. School T shirt fundraisers work great for clubs and having general school apparel, but they also work good for team sports apparel. Many teams will create their own shirts with team slogans for the upcoming season or to commemorate special achievements during the course of a season.
- Sixty-four percent of millennials prefer to fundraise through walk/run cycling events.
These fundraisers are very popular and custom T-shirts are another avenue to raise funds. T-shirt fundraisers for these events also offer those who participate a chance to remember the event with a T-shirts.
- The average product fundraiser generates more than $3,100 for schools and non-profits.
Simply put, if you’re fundraising for a good cause, people will buy what you’re selling, whether it’s a school T shirt fundraiser, a pizza kit fundraiser or a bake sale.
- For every 1,000 fundraising emails sent, a nonprofit raises $17.
Public schools fall into the category of non-profits and for schools doing fundraising events online, there’s money to made. Holding an online fundraiser is becoming a more popular option for raising money and reaching out to people increases the chance they will donate money.
- Online giving grew 13.5 percent in 2013.
If a school has a school apparel store or a team apparel store, that’s yet another avenue to raise money for a school.
- 73 percent of school fundraising sales are made by elementary school parents and volunteers.
Having a network of people to call on who are willing to donate means the school will bring in more money for a fundraiser.
Whatever you might be raising money for, a school T shirt fundraiser is a surefire way to raise money for schools and bring people together in a community.