If you have been shying away from wearing your luxury Italian loafers with jeans, it is time to turn your style around. There are plenty of traditional ways to wear dress shoes, but you may want to break from that to try a more casual, warm-weather look. Pairing leather shoes with denim is absolutely a style ‘do’ when executed well. By following these tips, you can craft the perfect outfit and pull off this effortless combination.
- Choose the right fit. The golden rule of denim, it is always essential to choose a pair that fits well. Anything too frumpy will look lazy, making your dress shoes seem out of place. To wear jeans with dress shoes, select jeans that are more tapered at the ankle.
- Balance the outfit. While jeans are a casual option, this does not mean that the entire outfit should be. Rather than throwing on a t-shirt, try a button up or a fitted jacket. This will create a more seamless look rather than make the dress shoes stand out.
- Slip on a more casual shoe. If you would wear them to the most formal events, the shoes might not be your best option. Try out a pair of exotic men’s boots or designer lace up shoes. These are classy without overpowering the outfit.
- Pay attention to color. Darker denim is usually best, but gray jeans can also work. Try to contrast your shoe color with your denim, as this will make the pairing look more intentional. Mastering your ideal color scheme might take some trial and error, so don’t be afraid to experiment.
- Opt for simple accessories. The combination of dress shoes and jeans is the main focus of your outfit, creating an elegant but casual vibe. Be sure that your accessories also fit this look by selecting just a few understated pieces. This will keep the overall outfit’s balance in check.
Studies have shown that visual cues are three to five times as powerful as audio cues. By successfully pairing your best leather dress shoes with jeans, you will be giving the impression of a casual and put together man. Be sure to select the combination of denim and leather shoes that best expresses your personal style, expressing your personality to everyone you meet.