Having good signage is incredibly important for many businesses. If you own or manage a brick and mortar business, getting people in your door to buy from you starts with a great banner or printed wall. There are some things you can do to make sure you attract the most people to your business.
- Place your printed signage well. In real estate, they say “Location, location, location.” The same phrase can be used in banner advertising. When you are looking at the best placement of your banner installation, you should make it a point to look at the spot at different times of the say. Walk by your printed wall. Drive by it. Do this in the morning and afternoon. You need to make sure people can see it and read your message.
- Make sure your text is large enough. Even the most beautiful printed wall is useless if people who are driving and walking by cannot read it or get the message you are trying to promote. The easiest way to make your outdoor custom banners be useless is to use a font that is just too small for people to =be able to read. One easy thing you can do to make your signs better is to pick a larger and easier to read font.
- Go bold or go home. In addition to using a larger font that ca be seen, you want to find one that is simple. Resist any urge you may have to get a frilly or ornate looking font on your custom printed banners. Experts recommend using a sans serif font for printed walls because they are easier to read than other kinds of fonts. Big, bold and easy to read will carry the day.
- Keep it simple, stupid. No, you are not stupid but that is a saying people use when they are talking about good advertising messages. People need to be able to read your sign and know what your message is pretty much immediately. That means you have a very simple and clear message on your printed sign. Use the shortest sentence you can think of. The more clear your sign, the more impact it will have and the more people will be influenced by it.
- Do not forget the important details. People need to read your sign, get your message and then be able to find your business Make sure you have your address, phone number of web address. When you are thinking about what information you need to put on your banner, give some thought to what kind of action you are looking to inspire. If you want to get more people in the door, you need to let them know where you are and how to find you.
- Make sure you use images that are a good quality. They say that “a picture is worth a thousand words” and that is very true when it comes to advertising but only when the images in question are a good quality. People will be able to tell if you went with higher quality images than if you went the cheap route. Good graphics can do a lot for you but poorly done graphics just make you look bad.
- Keep your messages consistent. When you are working on your printed wall, you have to look at all of your marketing materials and make sure your sign has a message that is consistent with your other marketing efforts. You really need to make sure it is all the same so that you do not end up stepping all over your message.
- Be prepared to change your signage. All good advertising and marketing campaigns are works in progress. That means that you will never really be done working on your campaign. Be prepared to reevaluate your signage and the impact it is having on your business on a regular basis. This is how you keep your signs fresh and interesting.
Getting the right sign for your business is more of an art than a science but you can see real results from the right printed wall. Be creative, stay on message and make it legible for the best experience with this kind of marketing.