Worker Safety From Environment Irritants

Written by Swap Shop on May 30, 2013. Posted in 1st aid kits, Atlas fit gloves, Construction cones

Reflective running gear

On the job safety can be improved and affected by many different things. Through preventative measures you can insure that accidents are avoided or minimized. With appropriate safety gear, such as the 3M 8511 or a Bullard hard hat you can minimize issues when prevention is not a factor.

The 3M 8511 respirator will help protect you from various non oil based particles as part of your overall work safety practices. When there are particles and pollutants in your environment you are at risk for various breathing issues. You can minimize these issues with a 3M 8511 respirator, a 3M 6001 respirator and 3M respirator cartridges. With regard to the cartridges, you can increase the life of your 3M 8511 by replacing them frequently to maintain the best protection. Make sure to follow instructions and maintenance recommendations carefully for optimum performance.

The simple construction cones that we see everywhere do their job well and are a prime example of safety equipment used to prevent accidents. They have the ability to warn others in the area of obstacles or to influence positive behavior. Their color affects their visibility and their shape helps resist tipping. This is one example of the old adage that form follows function, meaning that they are designed precisely for an efficient method of alerting drivers to issues.

Worker safety should be preventative like the 3M 8511, but you want to make sure you are covered if issues do arise. Well stocked 1st aid kits should help you deal with the many minor emergencies that you will face at work and at home. You should look for bandages and gauze to both clean and protect any wounds suffered. Antibiotic ointment will help protect from infection and further irritation. Depending on the environment you may want to consider eye washes and related first aid items.

Consider the environmental pollutants or conditions of the work space. Does the work itself create irritants, such as pain particles or dust, that you need to shield against? Most job sites should require safety glasses and a 3M 8511 respirator at a minimum in those instances.

More like this article: www.safetymart.com

Comments (19)

• July 26, 2013 at 8:27 am |

Always get more cartridges for your breather. You do not want to have poor respiration from old clogged cartridges when working.

• February 14, 2014 at 10:17 pm |

I cannot count how many times my safety glasses saved my eyes. I feel naked without them these days and cannot stand the younger workers that try to avoid them.

• Ralph Thompson